Sunday, November 8, 2015

Web 2.0 Tool: QR Codes

     The final tool I decided to try is the QR Code. This tool was the easiest to learn and use. It was also the simplest in terms of what it does. The sample code that I created provides a link to my animated Jeanne d'Arc that I created using Blabberize. I wanted to try the QR code as a way to share my Jeanne d'Arc to see if it would be a practical way for students to share their work. I think it is a useful tool to enable students to share their creations with others in the school and the school community. It allows them to simply and quickly make an accessible link for people who are not present in the class with them.
     I think I would like to use this with my students. It could be useful on Open House night and parent-teacher conferences as a way for students to show their work to their parents, or other parents who are interested. There may not be time during the evening event at school to showcase much of the students' work, but the QR codes can enable the parents to view the work while waiting for a conference, or even at home. Parents love to see what the students are doing in school, and this is a practical way of showing them some of the finished products.
     I also think I would use this to share my students' work with other students in the school who are not in their class. The QR codes could be displayed in the LLC or in the hall. Students could use their ipads to read and/or take a picture of the QR code to view their peers' work. I would like to try this with the Famous Francophone project. I would also like to use it as a way for students to share their projects about the regions of France. Each region of France is quite unique, and I don't think people realize how much more there is to France than just Paris.
     Give my QR code a try!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I like your idea of linking other things you've created with a QR code! I'll have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. QR codes have SO much potential!! Think about the algebra worksheet that I showed. In your class you could have a QR code linking to a word spoken in french, and the students need to: write the word, write it's opposite, etc. Unfortunately since Blabberize is a flash-based program it doesn't show up on the iPad or iPhone.

    ReplyDelete