Sunday, November 8, 2015

Web 2.0 Tools: Thinglink

Photo Source
     Thinglink is the second Web 2.0 tool I explored. I was attracted to it because it offers a way to combine various media and information in one place. I think my students would enjoy using Thinglink, and that it will give them another viable way to demonstrate their knowledge. I think the multimedia aspect of Thinglink lends itself well to foreign language instruction. 
     The sample I created is for the 2016 Eurocup of soccer. I realized last year that many of my students, and other students, wear the soccer jerseys from soccer teams all over the world. They also follow their favorite teams abroad. Although I like soccer, I don't follow it, so this was a revelation to me. Luckily, someone mentioned that the European soccer championship (the Eurocup) will take place in France in 2016. That's when I knew I had to learn about international soccer. I would like to incorporate the Eurocup in my curriculum this year. One idea I had was to learn about the cities in France where the matches will be played. My sample Thinglink shows a map of France with links to information about each city where the Eurocup will take place. It also gives some information about France in general, relating to the Eurocup, and there is a link to an outline of the final draw on December 12, 2015.
     I found Thinglink to be a little more cumbersome to use than Blabberize, but not too frustrating. It was easier to embed than Blabberize.  I can envision using this tool in the classroom for more activities related to the Eurocup in the Spring. Another idea I had while working on my sample was to ask students to create a Thinglink with their favorite activities that they could then share with their pen pals in France. The students could also use Thinglink to create an interactive map of our community.



1 comment:

  1. This is a nice sample showing the use of Thinglink. Thanks for your feedback on the tool. Love the idea of using it to create an interactive map of the community! Pen pals would love that!

    ReplyDelete